POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Electronic organ - finish problem : Electronic organ - finish problem Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Electronic organ - finish problem
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 3 Dec 2007 17:50:20
Message: <4754882c@news.povray.org>
High!

Each time I visit my parents, I work a little on a POV-Ray model of one
of my currently four (!) electronic organs - a Dutch-made Eminent Solina
P-240 from 1976, with my old AMD K-6-II computer sitting nearby, so I
get the data obtained by slide caliper and measuring tape easily on screen.

Attached here is what I got together since November 2005 (code posted in
p.b.s-f.) - but I just can't get right the plastic finish of the volume
pedal! The upper face of the pedal has a sawtooth-shaped profile, which
should show up when illuminated from overhead - but regardless which
values I choose for specular and roughness (or phong and phong_size), it
  remains black without visible structure. What goes wrong here?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '.jpg' (96 KB) Download '.jpg' (80 KB)

Preview of image '.jpg'
.jpg

Preview of image '.jpg'
.jpg